Taking a screenshot during your game on steam is an easy task. You can press the F12 key and the screenshot is saved on your computer. However, you may not know how to access that file. We will review all the ways to find the Steam screenshot folder in this article. Hence, you do not need to worry about losing your screenshots steam anymore.
Even though most people look for their steam screenshots in the folder on the computer, it is not where they save. The file is stored in the steam app, and you can access it in the application. Firstly, open the steam application and click on the view button. Then you can find the screenshot folder in the dropdown menu. Moreover, the users can steam locate game files in this app.
Table of Contents
Where Are Steam Screenshots Saved
Pressing the F12 button takes a screenshot of any image on the desktop. This image goes to a folder called “screenshot” in the steam app. The users can find Steam’s screenshot folder via the application or go to the file explorer. In the file explorer, you can enter the ID of your steam profile. Hence, you do not need to look where screenshots are saved with this easy process anymore.
How to find screenshots on mac?
Finding your screenshots on Mac is a little different from Windows. However, you can access screenshots with a few steps.
- Firstly, go to the users’ folder and access the library.
- Then you will find the application support where you can look for the steam app. You can access the steam save files with your Mac username at this step.
- In the next step, look for the folder of the particular game with the game ID.
In this way, you can trace the screenshot folder and find all of the files at that place.
How to find Steam screenshot folder using computer Window?
It is an easy task to find the screenshot on your desktop with the latest windows version. However, you can also find the files in the steam app. If you do not want to use the steam client, the screenshots go on pc as well.
1st: You can find the installation directory on your computer to access these files. Firstly, go to the program files and look for the steam folder.
2nd: Then find the user data and look for your user ID.
3rd: It may take some time and then you can access the remote folder.
4th: A shortcut to this method is to search for the game ID to navigate the folder. In this folder, you can find all the screenshots from your game.
This method is beneficial to find windows 10 screenshots folder or windows 9.
Where are Steam Screenshots Stored?
Steam screenshots are accessible via the client. It is the fastest and easiest way to find the folder.
- Firstly, open the application and click on the “view” tab.
- A dropdown menu will open, including the screenshots stored options. Click on that folder to access all of the files captured during a game.
- Now, you can click the “show on disk” option where you can see the folder destination.
- Moreover, you can use the steam screenshot uploader to save the files on the cloud.