The holidays are all about gathering with friends and family, enjoying each other’s company and celebrating the year that was. But if you’re having trouble figuring out what to give one of your loved ones who has everything (or at least more than you), never fear: there’s always a perfect gift out there. Here are some ideas for the person in your life who already has everything (and more).
Table of Contents
A Custom Birthstone Necklace
Customizable birthstone jewelry is a great gift for everyone, especially if you want to give the person who has everything something thoughtful and personal. Birthstones have been worn by people since ancient times, and they’re still popular today. With jewelers such as Haverhill, you can “create sparkly birthstone jewelry using genuine birthstones and solid 14k gold chain and letters. Treat yourself to personalized rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces!” Below are some options that are sure to please those on your list.
- Necklace: A necklace is a classic piece of jewelry that goes with any outfit, which makes it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a big-ticket item with lasting power. You can get necklaces in any number of stones, but you should make sure you know what month the recipient was born in so you can choose their birthstone. If you don’t know or aren’t close enough to the person to ask directly (like at family gatherings), there are a couple ways around it:
- Google their name along with “birthday” or “birthdate.” This will reveal when they were born and what their astrological sign is; then just look up their zodiac sign on this chart and find out which gemstones corresponded with those signs—the year will be listed next to each stone’s name!
- Ask someone else who knows them well enough over email/text/phone call/whatever other way works best between yourself and whomever else has access
Colorful Crystal Champagne Flutes
One of the most memorable gifts I ever received was a set of colorful crystal champagne flutes. The champagne glasses were on sale at Crate & Barrel, but they were still quite expensive (by my standards). My partner’s parents gifted them to me when we got engaged and it felt like such an affirmation that their son had chosen someone who appreciated beautiful things enough to own them!
I recommend giving these glasses as wedding or anniversary gifts, for a housewarming party, as a birthday present…or any time you want to treat someone special in your life (like yourself!). The possibilities are endless!
An Illustration of Their Family Home
For the person who has everything, there is nothing more personal than a custom illustration of their home.
It’s easy to create a custom illustration of your loved one’s home in the format they like best! You can do this with pen and paper or on your computer, whichever you’re more comfortable with. Once it’s done, frame it up nicely and wrap it up as a gift.
A Rainbow-Colored Candle
You may think they’ve got everything, but if you really want to show your friend that you care, then consider gifting them a rainbow-colored candle. This isn’t just any old candle; it lights up in the colors of the rainbow. And not only does it look beautiful, but it emits scents that are pleasing to the nose as well.
For anyone who likes being surrounded by light and color, this gift is perfect for them!
Cashmere is a luxury. It’s warm, comfortable and classic. The person who has everything will be grateful to receive cashmere slippers as a gift because they’re incredibly useful. Cashmere is also a great gift for any occasion—whether it’s their birthday or the holiday season, cashmere can never go wrong!
An Air Plant for Their Desk or Bathroom
Air plants are great for people who have a lot of plants, but not a lot of space to keep them in. They’re also perfect for anyone who travels frequently and doesn’t want to worry about watering their plant while they’re away. Because air plants don’t require soil, they’re very easy to care for: all you need is water every couple weeks or so (or whenever the soil feels dry).
If your giftee has an office desk or bathroom countertop that could use some green life, then this is the perfect gift idea!
A Hand-Thrown Mug or Cup Made by a Local Artist
If you’re looking for a gift that your loved one will truly treasure, consider getting them a mug or cup made by an artist from their area. Hand-thrown pottery can be a lot more special than the mass produced mugs you find at the grocery store and they have the added benefit of being completely unique! If you live in the same city as them, pop over to one of their favorite coffee shops and see if they have any local artists selling their work. If not, give me a shout because I know some great ones!
Leather-bound notebooks are a great gift for someone who is always writing. You can choose from a variety of colors and styles, like black, pink and brown. You can personalize them with the recipient’s name or initials in gold or silver lettering to make it extra special. These personalized leather notebooks come in different sizes and are available on Amazon Prime (free shipping).
Find Something That Makes Your Loved One Feel Like You Know Exactly What They Like
- You can always go with a gift card, but it’s not exactly personal.
- A really good and unique gift is something you’ll have to work hard to find.
- If you want to give your loved one something thoughtful, then handmade is the way to go.
- Customized gifts are awesome because they make the recipient feel special and appreciated for who they are as an individual.
- Giving sentimental gifts shows that you know your loved ones’ tastes inside out because you put so much thought into what would make them happy!
We hope this list has helped you get some ideas for what to get your loved one. The key is to find something that they’ll love and appreciate, whether it’s a gift they can use every day or something sentimental that reminds them of home.