Is the Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids Effective?
Hemorrhoids are swollen or inflamed veins that occur in the lower part of the rectum or around the anus. Thus, hemorrhoids can be developed either internally or externally. Mild hemorrhoid usually tends to go away on their own without the need for any treatment but severe hemorrhoids required treatment. Leaving severe hemorrhoids untreated can cause severe complications.
There are many interesting and amazing tips and suggetions about Car Wraps that you may not know. for example car wrap Whether you’re interested in Marvel car Wrap, Galaxy car wrap, or Solid colour car wrap , you’ll find the information you need on About Car Wrap.
There are several treatment options available for hemorrhoids but laser treatment for hemorrhoids is considered to be the best and most effective treatment for hemorrhoids as it takes less effort to conduct and gives the best result. It also takes lesser time to heal and is less painful. One can continue with their daily task by just resting for a few days after the procedure.
Table of Contents
Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Usually, it is caused by obesity, pregnancy, lifting heavy objects, and sitting inside the toilet for a long time. Hemorrhoids cause pain, uncomfortableness, itchy, bleeding, and irritation. Women are mostly affected by hemorrhoids than men, or we can say that it mostly affects everyone at one point in their life. Those who are in their 50s are likely to be affected by hemorrhoids.
Laser treatment is also called laser hemorrhoidoplasty. This procedure is performed under anesthesia so that the patient does not feel any pain during the surgery. During the procedure, the laser probe will be inserted into the hemorrhoids, and the energy produced by the intense light generated from the laser machine helps to seal off the blood supply. Thus, the hemorrhoids will shrink away without affecting the tissue and anal sphincter around them.
Advantages of Laser Treatments
Many people prefer laser treatment as there are no major wounds and are less painful. The advantages of using laser treatment over other treatments are listed down below.
Safe and Less Painful
Laser treatment is considered the most effective treatment in treating hemorrhoids because it does not cause severe pain. It does not cause any kind of sparks, steam, or smoke so this makes the laser treatment safe.
Another great advantage is that laser treatment reduces the flow of blood by blocking the tissue or vessels of the blood supply. Also, it does not affect the other tissue around the anus.
Duration of laser surgery treatment takes less time as compared to other surgery that takes at least to 45minutes or even days to complete a surgery. This makes a great advantage to cure hemorrhoids.
After the laser treatment, you do not need to stay overnight at the hospital. You will be discharged and allowed to go home after an hour. This also reduces the cost of staying overnight at the hospital.
Treatment with the laser takes very less time to heal. Though you may get a quick discharge from the hospital but resting for a couple of days is a must to fully recover. You can continue with your daily task by just resting at least for 2 days.
Easy to Conduct
Conducting laser surgery treatment requires lesser effort than any other surgery. The ease of use makes it a great option to choose laser treatment over other treatments for hemorrhoids.
Disadvantages of Laser Treatment
Like all other forms of treatment, despite the great benefits, there are also a few disadvantages associated with this form of treatment. Following are some of the disadvantages of laser treatment.
- Expensive equipment: The machine that is used in laser treatment is quite expensive. So many clinics find it difficult to install it. So, finding the appropriate clinic for laser treatment might be tough.
- May cause fire: Cases such as this occurs very rarely. But still, it is important to ensure that the laser machine is well maintained and operated safely. Also, the surgeon should have great experience in operating the machine.
To reduce the risk of hemorrhoids, you simply just need to change some habits of yours. Those habits you need to change are listed down below:
- Do not sit for long periods inside the toilet. Not longer than 5 to 10 minutes as it can increase the pressure on your hemorrhoids.
- Do not delay the bowel movement. Delaying a bowel movement may harden the stool and makes it difficult to poop. So, go to the toilet as soon as the urge hits.
- Do not give too much pressure on your bottom because this can result in hemorrhoids.
- Keep a habit of eating food that contains high fiber. E.g., fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Reduce weight if needed because being overweight is also one of the reasons that can cause hemorrhoids.
- Drink plenty of water daily. This can also reduce the risk of getting hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are a very common disease but you can easily get rid of hemorrhoids due to the presence of advanced technologies. Apart from laser treatment, there are also many different treatments available for treating hemorrhoids. The best is to consult a doctor as soon as you encounter any of the mentioned symptoms of hemorrhoids. Your physician will choose the best treatment suitable for you by examining your hemorrhoids based on their type and their location.