Have you ever wondered whether you can cook Frozen Burrito in air fryer? The answer is a big yes! In fact, air frying Frozen burrito is a great way to cook them for lunch. You can cook them with perfect timing; in just a few minutes, they go from rock hard to soft inside and crunchy outside. With a ton of other air fryer recipes that take time, Air fried frozen Burritos are your go-to meal when you need a quick dinner. Moreover, they are cheap dinners that your kids would love too. Look deep into this post to figure out the best recipe for cooking Frozen Burritos in the air fryer.
What are Frozen Burritos?
The simplest answer is A Mexican dish consisting of a flour tortilla packed with spicy sauces, beans, cheese, or minced beef. Their savory filling can include a variety of items. Burrito is a diminutive of burro, which means donkey in Spanish. They are so named because one can fill them with a variety of stuff, just like a donkey can load almost anything upon itself!
What are the best Frozen Burritos out there?
Well, it depends upon what type of filling you are looking for. If you tend to go with bean and cheese, choose Reser’s. If you are a fan of meat, go with Don Miguel or Jose Ole. We have compiled a list of the best-frozen burritos for you to pick from any one of them available at your nearest supermarket. Frozen Burrito in Air Fryer are really simple to cook.
- Red’s All Natural Steak Burrito is filled with multi ingredients, like beans, steak, and various peppers.
- Las Campana’s Red Hot Beef Burritos for spice and meat lovers.
- Patio’s Beef and Bean Burritos
- Evol’s Beans, Rice, and Cheddar Burritos
- Reynaldo’s Potato and Beef Jumbo Burritos.
- Amy’s Gluten-Free Beans and Rice Kitchen Burritos
- Don Miguel’s Egg and Sausage Burritos
- Jose Ole’s Beef and Jalapeno Burritos
- Tina’s Beef & Bean / Green Chili Burritos
- El Monterey’s Beef and Bean Red Chilli Burritos.
How Can I Cook Frozen Burritos?
- There are as many methods as you can name them: Microwave Oven Heating, Convection Oven Baking, Deep Frying, Roasting, Stir-Frying, etc. Microwaving is not ideal because it may moisten your Burrito or its inside filling remains semi-cooked sometimes. If you want a crispy crest, microwaving is certainly not for you! Frying them would certainly endow those crispy, crunchy qualities upon them. You should take care of one thing while frying cooking burritos_ Don’t use high flame as over-heated oil creates a crisp outside but inside filling remains uncooked. Baking them is also a good option, but cooking frozen burritos in an air fryer is unmatched in its time-saving feature.
How Can I Increase Frozen Burritos’ Taste?
You are supposed to use essential dips, of course! Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, or any other dip of your choice.
How Much Time Do I Need to Cook Frozen Burritos in Air Fryers?
It will typically take fifteen minutes to cook frozen burritos in air fryers.
How Can I Cook Frozen Burritos in Air Fryer?
There is something really good about Burritos, and that is all spicy and mild varieties require the same time for cooking. Some are as plain as only having beans and cheese, while others are red hot, including ground beef and a whole family of chilis. Cooking Burritos in Air Fryers browns them outside in a light manner, but the filling is still juicy and gooey. So, here we go:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. for 5-7 minutes.
- Put the frozen Burrito (s) inside the air fryer basket; make sure to keep the sealed side facing upwards; This way, the filling won’t spill on the basket if it leaks.
- Cook for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 20 minutes. Flip the sides every 5 minutes.
- Serve them with the dips on the side of your table.
Want to Make Things Fun?
To spice up your dinner, your 2-am snack, your post-work nibble, or your office break, you should try an air fryer burrito bar with a lot of options like:
- Sour Cream
- Diced Chives
- Avocado Salsa
- Chunky Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Salsa Roja
- Salsa Criolla
- Salsa Verde
- French Fries Sause
- Salsa Taqueria
- Salsa de Aguacate
- Salsa Fresca
- Nontomato salsa ( pineapple or mango salsa).
How to Preheat Your Air Frier
Preheating your air fryer is a must to cook your frozen food at an even temperature every time and get everything crunchy. We advise you to Google the air fryer cook times sheet. It will tell you what temperature and time you need for preheating and cooking the stuff. For example, frozen chicken tenders need 5 minutes of preheating at 400 degrees and 8 minutes to cook at the same temperature. Some air fryers have the purple highlighted button for preheating that is automatically set to 5 minutes; if not, turn it on, press the air crisp button, set the temperature, and set it up to 5 minutes.
More Yummy Air Fryer Dishes
This magic pot can cook anything from beef to pork, chicken, vegetables, and even sweet dishes! You can cook simple dishes like french fries, chicken nuggets, garlic bread, chicken tenders, as well as some ‘not so simple’ dishes listed below:
- Air Fryer Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Bread
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Taquitos and Charred Salsa
- Air Fryer Breakfast Tacos
- Air Fryer Biscuit Egg Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Ranch Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Mini Quiches
- Air Fryer Three-Cheese Turnovers
Also Read: Factors to consider when choosing running shoes for kids
We have seen how easy it is to cook frozen burritos in air fryer. Ensure to preheat it at the required temperature and timing for the food in question to get brown and crispy burritos. Keep the sealed side upwards to avoid leakage, and flip it every five minutes so that it gets uniformly cooked. Try other recipes mentioned at the end of the post and enjoy!