Eco-friendly packaging is the ultimate solution that is visible and achievable to our environment on earth for sustainable future human life. Retailers and manufacturers are realizing their corporate responsibility by moving their processes towards healthy practices.
Counter display boxes is destroying our earth at a rapid rate and we must do something to stop this rapid rate of destruction.
Any packaging that has little or no impact on human life or the environment and is easy to recycle is environmentally friendly packaging. It includes materials and manufacturing processes that have minimal negative impact on energy consumption or natural resources.
The objective of green or sustainable packaging is to;
- Reduction in the creation of packaging with harmful practices.
- Reduce the amount of packaging production by using reusable packaging.
- Remove the usage of harmful materials for the creation of packaging.
- Save packaging costs with natural elements and fewer efforts.
- Establish and system of conveniently recycling the packaging.
Table of Contents
Arguments to move to Green Packaging?
We are in an age where our earth is facing many problems created by the use of non-disposable packaging ending in the ocean. It is a general perception that packaging wastage is reduced through the recycling process which is not correct. Only the slightest portion of the packaging is recycled through the entire process leaving a large chunk of wastage for destruction.
Packaging created with a certain type of materials is destroying each step of production including raw materials to finished goods.
Plastic pollution is killing our environment slowly and steadily and it is the time to move towards sustainable packaging. By choosing green packaging, suppliers and business requirements play a key role in reducing this threat permanently. This is the only solution that currently seems suitable as a workaround.
Effects of eco-friendly packaging on our environment:
Detail study conducted by Sustainable Packaging Coalition reports how packaging with sustainable elements is effective;
- People and communities are more friendly and beneficial from these elements.
- The packaging is made of environmentally friendly and healthy particles..
- Use of natural resources and elements in the production process uses fewer resources and costs.
- Green packaging practices reduce the cost and increase the overall profit.
- It endorses to adhere with more ethical and environment-friendly practices.
All activities carried out in the manufacturing sector through the acquisition of raw materials for finished products follow positive activities.
In addition to numbers, an obvious choice to switch to eco-friendly Candle Boxes Packaging is the environment, other more visible benefits include:
- Decreasing carbon footprint to the level of complete elimination.
- Avoidance of usage of any kind of toxic materials during the production of packaging.
- Prefer the use of reusable material to promote positivity through packaging.
- Brand image and customer loyalty through environment positivity activities..
- Waste reductions generated through production of packaging.
Available Packaging solutions with Green Features:
Options are unlimited when you consider choosing from packaging that is recyclable, reusable, or biodegradable. Green packaging with ideal features and cost-friendly options includes;
- Cardboard– it is the most common and standard packaging material with green packaging features that is effective due to sturdiness.
- Corn starch – Packing food items with corn starch embedded elements is fully biodegradable and ideal for food packaging. Different kinds of corn or peanut starch can be used to make such kinds of packaging.
- Paper – Made with recyclable paper, it is the most common and ideal packaging solution with all features of green packaging. It decomposes itself easily and without any problem or negative impact on environment.
There are also many other packaging solutions available which may not be directly harmful to the environment, but their production could involve high energy and financial resources.
Additional recyclable packaging materials include:
- Metal Food ad Beverage containers– Different kinds of metals can be recycled as well including food containers or beverages tins are ideal examples.
- Few Plastic Options – Certain options for recyclable plastic include shampoo bottles, ice cream tubs, and PET Bottles.
Role of W.H.O in implementation of environment-friendly packaging system:
Countries and organizations are working together to make this system implement as early and smoothly as possible. World Health organization (W.H.O) has joint hands together with many countries in establishing the rules governing packaging industry.
Many organizations inside different countries are working within their boundaries with overall guidance from W.H.O about developing the ideal regulations.
Different countries cannot work together in absence of international regulatory organization and that is where role of W.H.O is critical. This organization is working as a bridge between countries in supporting each other at different aspects.